” I WAS EMPOWERED TO CREATE SOMETHING THAT I COULDN’T FIND BEFORE.”
– Gigi Hadid
Hello my dear beautiful CheekyTalkers, did you miss me? Of’course you did! Because I missed you guys too that’s why I am keeping my promise of daily posting. Did you check out my review of Organic Harvest Miniatures? Well, you definitely should they’re damn cute little ones. I started this blog post from a quote from the Supermodel and my favorite (apart from Kendall Jenner) Gigi Hadid.
A month or two back Maybelline and Gigi collaborated to create a Limited Edition makeup products collection. And today we will get to know more about the model’s range – Was it a HIT or MISS…
Let’s start with the products that were covered by this range, shall we start folks?
- GIGI HADID LIQUID STROBE – In the shade GOLD & IRIDESCENT – $11.99
- GIGI HADID TINTED PRIMER – In the shade ‘Light-medium’ & ‘Medium Deep’ – $11.99
- GIGI HADID MATTE LIPSTICK – 6 Shades in under/dark tones – $8.99
- GIGI HADID LIP LINER – 6 Shades in under/dark tones (same) – $7.99
- GIGI HADID LIQUID EYELINER – In the shade BLACK – $9.99
- GIGI HADID GEL EYELINER – In the shade BLACK – $11.99
- GIGI HADID LASH SENSATIONAL® MASCARA – In the shade BLACK – $11.99
- GIGI HADID FIBER MASCARA – In the shade BLACK – $12.99
- GIGI HADID JETSETTER PALETTE – A Travel Makeup Kit – $29.99
- GIGI HADID EYESHADOW PALETTE – In the variant WARM & COOL – $14.99
- GIGI HADID EYE CONTOUR PALETTE – In the variant WARM & COOL – $14.99
- GIGI HADID EYE CONTOUR BRUSH & GIGI HADID EYESHADOW BRUSH – $14.99 each
Looking at these items I would say that it is not entirely in the budget range of drugstore makeup. I mean, obviously, if it’s a limited edition the brand will charge higher for sure. I am seen a ton of reviews on social media platforms including youtube and all. This whole range seems somehow rather plain and basically boring. Nothing NEW was introduced by Gigi here even the MUAs weren’t impressed by this line of makeup products.
I think this was Gigi Hadid’s trial to test the waters in the beauty industry to see if she can really go ahead with her own brand or not. After checking out the product rating which ranges from mostly 1 to 2.5 stars. Well, seeing the stats here I don’t think Maybelline plans to take this line for a long run.
So, I would suggest if you wanna try Gigi’s range then do not buy the whole collection but rather a product or two. Because you won’t be that impressed with the results.
STAY TUNED fellas for more news from the BEAUTY world…